Tiruvalla Medical Mission Hospital, Mannamaruthy is one of the three hospitals governed by The Dewan Bahadur Dr. V. Verghese Hospital Trust Association. It was established in the year 1947 and was one of the major hospitals in and around Ranni, Pathanamthitta. It is ideally situated on the Punalur-Muvattupuzha Highway, very conveniently accessible to all.
Soon after its establishment it became the leading maternity hospital in Central Travancore. TMM Hospital Mannamaruthy, one of the branches of TMM Hospital Thiruvalla, was started by a foreign missionary named Dr. Evan Gilmour Davies. The hospital was initially managed by Reginald Stanley, Churchward, Brian Frederick, Charles Smith, Gordan Lionel Fountain and Evan Gilmour Davies.
The services of missionary doctors were beyond appreciation. The hospital was registered under The Dewan Behadur Dr. V Verghese Hospital Trust Association and all the activities of the hospital came under the control of this trust. Subsequently, a committee of 22 churches in Ranni was formed to govern the functions of the hospital. From 2003 onwards, Mr. Sunny Thomas is leading the Mannamaruthy hospital with the vision to expand the services of the hospital to greater heights.
Evangelical and spiritual work is carried out with the support extended from the evangelists and brethren in and around Ranni region. Construction work has also progressed over the years. Whole hearted financial contributions have been received from the well-wishers of this hospital from all around the world. Continuous prayer support is the backbone of the hospital’s existence.