It is a super-specialty branch that deals with hormones. Hormones are produced by the endocrine glands which are located in different parts of the body. Endocrinology deals with the normal functioning of endocrine glands, the disorders associated with their functioning and their treatment.
Diseases of the endocrine system are common including conditions such as diabetes mellitus, thyroid disease and obesity.
Treatments & Specialities:
- Thyroid Disorders
- Decreased growth in children
- Osteoporosis (Decreased strength of bones)
- Disorders of other Endocrine glands
- Adrenal, Pituitary & Parathyroid glands
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Reproductive Endocrinology