Dr. Mathew Kiran Jacob is a distinguished Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon renowned for his passion and expertise in orthopaedics. With training from a top-tier medical college in the country, he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his practice. Dr. Mathew Kiran Jacob remains abreast of the latest techniques and technologies in the field, ensuring that his patients receive the highest standard of care. Known for his compassionate approach, he prioritizes patients’ needs and comfort levels throughout diagnosis and treatment, striving to provide them with the best possible experience. Dr.Mathew Kiran Jacob excels in accurately diagnosing conditions and devising optimal treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique circumstances. His empathetic and professional demeanor fosters trust and confidence among his patients, while his commitment to preventative care and lifestyle interventions underscores his dedication to holistic patient well-being. As a strong leader, Dr. Mathew Kiran Jacob collaborates effectively with multidisciplinary teams, thriving even in high-pressure environments. With a focus on excellence and patient-centered care, Dr. Mathew Kiran Jacob is committed to improving the lives of his patients through exemplary orthopaedic practice.
- Master of Surgery(M.S.) in Orthopaedics (Christian Medical College, Vellore)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (Christian Medical College, Vellore)
Working in Tiruvalla Medical Mission Hospital as an Orthopaedic Surgeon, Thiruvalla, (2020 -till date)
Orthopaedics-Resident at Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore(2017-2020)
Attended patients with acute to chronic orthopaedic issues in outpatient clinics and wards. Performed and Assisted Major Orthopaedic Surgeries. Management of various Fractures, Dislocations, Tendon Repairs, and management of polytrauma patients done independently and under guidance. Was posted in various orthopaedic speciality units with exposure to
state-of-the-art modalities of care. Worked with a multi-disciplinary team to provide better care for patients.
Junior Resident, Department of Emergency Medicine, Malankara Orthodox
Syrian Church Medical College, Kolencherry (2016-2017)
Was part of a team of doctors who were instrumental in setting up the department.
Junior Resident, Fellowship Mission Hospital, Kumbanad (2014-2016)
Work Experience in the Department of Orthopaedics and served as Medical Officer of AMM Geriatric Centre, was involved in managing geriatric patients.
Areas of Expertise
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Arthroscopy and
- Trauma Surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Geriatric Orthopedics
- Indian Medical Association (IMA), New Delhi
- Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA), New Delhi
- Orthopaedic Association (TNOA), Chennai
- Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie (SICOT), Brussels
- International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty (ISKSAA), New Delhi
- AO (Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen) Trauma, Davos, Switzerland
- Indian Foot and Ankle Society, New Delhi
Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand, Chennai
- Kerala Orthopaedic Association, Cochin
- Indian Arthroscopy Society, Mumbai
- Indian Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (IAOS), Chennai
- Indian Orthopaedic Rheumatology Association, Lucknow
- Geriatric Orthopedic Society of India, Bangalore
Research & Publications
Thesis on Clinical and Functional Outcomes in Patients with Spondyloarthropathy who have Undergone a Total Hip Arthroplasty.
Paper presentation of thesis topic in the 53rd Annual Conference of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association.
Attended Current Concepts in Osteosynthesis – Basic and Advanced Courses.
Successfully completed Early Management of Trauma Course by Department of Emergency Medicine, CMC Vellore.