M.B.B.S. from A.J .Institute of Medical Sciences, Kuntikana, Mangalore, India
[August 2007 to July 2013]
M.S. Ophthalmology from Amrita School Of Medicine,Edapally, Kochi, Kerala, India in May 2019 [May 2016 – May 2019]
EXPERIENCE IN OPHTHALMOLOGY:
1) Amrita School Of Medicine , Kochi, Kerala – 3 years (MAY 2016 – MAY 2019)
In the 3 years of my residency, I had rotation postings for 6 months each in different sub specialities like Medical Retina, Vitreo-Surgical Retina, Glaucoma, Squint, Cataract, Oculoplasty ,Cornea and Cataract which perform their own speciality surgeries and also included training in Optics and Refraction.
In Glaucoma and squint clinic, I have assisted cases like Trabeculectomy with releasable sutures,TRIPLE PROCEDURE [ PHACOTRAB WITH RELEASABLE SUTURES], 2 horizontal muscle surgery , Duannes Retraction Syndrome Type 1
In Glaucoma clinic, I have assisted cases like Trabeculectomy with releasable sutures,TRIPLE PROCEDURE [ PHACOTRAB WITH RELEASABLE SUTURES]
In Oculoplasty clinic , I have assisted for Ptosis Surgery [ Fasanella-Servat Procedure , Levator Resection and Crawford Frontalis Sling ],Ectropion, Entropion, Tarsorrhaphy, Evisceration, Enucleation, Dacryocystorhinostomy[DCR]
In Cornea clinic , I have assisted for Keratoplasty [ Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty, Descemets Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty , Descemets Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty, Descemets Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty by Anwar Big Bubble Technique] , C3R [ Corneal Collagen Cross-linking with Riboflavin] , Microkeratome LASIK , Full thickness Corneal Laceration Repair
In Vitreoretinal surgery clinic, I have assisted for Vitrectomy for Retinal Detachment cases [
Rhegmatogenous, Tractional and Combined ] ,Scleral Buckling, Cryotherapy, Macular hole, Epi-Retinal Membrane, Proliferative Vitreo-Retinopathy , Nucelus drop , IntraOcular Lens drop , Intravitreal Injections and Indirect Ophthalmoscopic Laser for Retinopathy Of Prematurity babies.
I have done 120 cases of Small Incision Cataract Surgeries ,assisted 2 cases of hacoemulsification, 15 cases of Pterygium excision with Graft , 2 cases of Tarsorrhaphy, assisted 2 cases of Evisceration, 1 case of Conjunctival laceration repair, 2Intravitreal Injections, assisted1 case of C3R [Corneal Collagen Crosslinking with Riboflavin].
I have done out patient procedures – 3 cases of YAG Capsulotomy, 50 B scan ultrasonographies , 110 A scans, 600 OCT macula and Glaucoma, 3 HFA [Humphrey Field Analyzer] ,
I have got training in doing 4 mirror gonioscopy, Intraocular pressure measurement by Schiotz Tonometer, Goldmanns Applanation Tonometer and Tonopen, 90 D examination, Indirect ophthalmoscopic examination, Amsler grid charting, Synoptophore, Prism bar cover test , Maddox rod, Maddox wing , Hertels Exophthalmometry, Central Corneal Thickness measurement by Contact Method, Diplopia charting,, Pelli-Robsons Contrast Sensitivity
assessment, Color vision assessment by Ishisharas chart.
I have done minor operation theatre 3 cases of Chalazion excision, Intrastromal Gatifloxacin injection for non healing corneal ulcer, Suture removal for post keratoplasty patients
Our institution has a well maintained Wet lab centre where I have practiced hand eye coordination, suturing and Cataract Surgery on Bulls eye.
1) “To study the Association between Glaucoma and Helicobacter Pylori Infection presented in 45th Annual conference of Kerala Society Of Ophthalmic Surgeons conference [DRISHTI 2018
1. “Role of Visual Field Index in the Progression of Glaucoma in a Tertiary Hospital Study” in 44th Annual conference of Kerala Society Of Ophthalmic Surgeons conference [DRISHTI 2017]
2. “Sebaceous Carcinoma- A silent killer “in in 44th Annual conference of Kerala Society Of Ophthalmic Surgeons conference [DRISHTI 2017]
WET LAB SESSIONS ATTENDED :
1) Phacoemulsification wet lab session in 45th Annual conference of Kerala Society Of
Ophthalmic Surgeons conference [DRISHTI 2018]
LIVE SURGERIES SESSIONS ATTENDED IN CONFERENCES :
1) “ Live demonstration of Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery” in Phaco Refractive Decoded 2017 organised by The Eye Foundation, Coimbatore.
CONFERENCES, CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION [CME] AND UPDATES ATTENDED:
1) ComprehensiveDiabetic Retinopathy Update held at Amrita Institute Of Medical Sciences [AIMS], Kochi, on 10th July, 2016.
2) Dr.NoelMoniz Memorial Lecture held at IMA house, Kochi, on 22nd January,2017
3) PostGraduate refresher course held at AIMS, Kochi from 14th to 16th
4) Phaco Refractive Decoded held by The Eye Foundation, Coimbatore on 9th and 10th September, 2017.
5) DRISHTI 2017 – 44th Annual conference of Kerala Society Of Ophthalmic Surgeons conference [DRISHTI 2017].
6) Dr.Noel Moniz Memorial Lecture held at IMA house, Kochi, on 21st January,2018.
7) Little Flower Academia – Cornea 2018 by Little Flower Hospital and Research Centre, Angamaly, Kochi, Kerala on 20th May 2018.
8) Amrita Basic [ABLS] and Advanced Cardiac Life Support [AACLS] training on 24th May 2018.
9) OCT Master Class for Comprehensive Ophthalmologist and Residents by Giridhar Eye Institute & SSM Eye Research Foundation in Radisson Blu, Kochi on 27th
10) LEARN FROM THE INNOVATORS in August Ophthalmica 2018 at IMA House,Ernakulam on 5thAugust 2018.
11) PG UPDATE by Agarwal Eye Hospital on 16th and 17th August 2018
12) 4th Andhra Pradesh Ophthalmic Society, Conference RAYEYECON held on 4th,5th and 6th October 2018 .
13) DRISHTI 2018 – 45th Annual conference of Kerala Society Of Ophthalmic Surgeons conference [DRISHTI 2018].
14) EYE FEST 2019 – 5th Andhra Pradesh Ophthalmic Society Conference held on 27th , 28th and 29th of September 2019.
CAREER INTERESTS :
To enhance my knowledge and gain experience in Cornea, lens and Vitreoretinal surgery.