Dr. Justin Easow Sam
DM (ENDOCRINOLOGY)MON - SAT
MD (GENERAL MEDICINE)
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
MD (GENERAL MEDICINE)
1. Karnataka Endocrine Society
2. RSSDI (Research society for Study of Diabetes in India) Life membership
Additional Courses completed:
1. Endocrine Society 2018 Diabetes Professional Connect.
2. Strategic Centre for Obesity Professional Education (SCOPE) course “Working with Individuals to Change Eating Habits” by World Obesity Federation.
3. Strategic Centre for Obesity Professional Education (SCOPE) course “Weight Bias: A Hidden Harm” by World Obesity Federation. 4. Insulin pump course 2020 (virtual) conducted by Imperial College, London approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom.
1. Worked at Tiruvalla Medical Mission hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India from 2010 -2011 in Medicine, Paediatrics & as Emergency Medical Officer.
2. Worked in Ananthapuri Hospitals and Research Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India Feb 2015 to May 2015, as Senior Registrar in Endocrinology & Medicine.
3. Worked at Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India as Senior Registrar in Internal Medicine from October 2015 to July 2016.
4. Worked at Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India as Consultant Endocrinologist from September 2019 to September 2020.
5. Works at Tiruvalla Medical Mission Hospital, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India from October 2020 till date.
1. Presented paper at KAPICON 2013 titled “Prevalence of Dyslipidemia in patients undergoing general health checkup”
2. Presented poster titled “Progressive Dyspnea in a Migrant Laborer” at Karnataka API Conference (KAPICON) 2013.
3. Presented poster at ESICON 2017 titled “Psychosocial Assessment in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in South India”.
4. Presented poster at ESICON 2018 titled “Tumor Induced Osteomalacia”.
5. Presented poster at ESICON 2018 titled “Neonatal Adrenal Hemorrhage Presenting As Hypertension With Adrenal Insufficiency”.
6. Presented Poster at ITS CON 2019: Thyroidectomy in Thyroid hormone resistance”
7. Presented paper at RSSDI 2019 : “Serum CCL 18 levels in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome”.
Conferences and Workshops
1) CME program conducted by Department of Endocrinology, Ramaiah Bangalore in 2017.
2) Cluster-ISLET in Bangalore in January 2017
3) Endo-Summit in Mumbai in April 2018.
4) Cluster-ISLET in Bangalore in January 2018.
5) Workshop for DM Endocrinology postgraduates conducted in Bangalore in September 2018.
6) Cluster-ISLET in Bangalore in January 2019. 7) Endocrine Master class at CMC, Vellore in March 2019.
8) Midterm ESICON and USA in March 2019.
9) ATA-ITSCON in May 2019.
10) RSSDI 2019 in November 2019.
1I)Cluster ISLET in January 2020.
12) ITSCON in Feb 2020.
13) DIAVCON in June 2020.
1) MD thesis on “Evaluation of Serum Uric acid levels in Essential Hypertensives”.
2) DM thesis on “Serum CCL 18 in women with Polycystic Ovarian Disease”.
3) Co-investigator for ITRN study.
4) Was part of insulin clamp studies for data collection for insulin pump development in association with Indian institute of Science, Bangalore.
1. Justin Easow Sam, Nissy Justin Sam. Ganesh HK. Maben EVS Prevalence of dyslipidemia in
patients undergoing general health checkup Int J Biol Med Res. 2014;5(3): 4305-4308.
2. Sam J. Dharmalingam M. Osteogenesis imperfecta, Indian J Endocrinol Metab 2017; 21(6):903.
3. Mala Dharmalingam, Justin Easow Sam Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism-Controversies clarified Journal of Internal Medicine Research Review Report (2018); 6(2): 44-51.
4. Dharmalingam M, Sam E Zinc and Glycemic Control Indian J Endocr Metab 2019:23:173-4.
5. Mala Dharmalingam, Justin Easow Sam Hypoglycemia Prone Patient page 191 -195 RSSDI insulin monograph, Jaypee Publications
6. Sam JE, Suryanarayana KM. Dharmalingam M, Kalru P, Selvan C. Serum CCL 18 levels in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Indian J Endocr Metab 2020; 24:280-5.
1. Won best paper award in Karnataka API Conference (KAPICON) 2013.
2 Received RSSDI grant for DM Thesis Serum CCL 18 in women with Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
3. Received best review article award for “Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism-Controversies clarified Mala Dharmalingam, Justin Easow Sam. Journal of Internal Medicine Research, Reviews, Report (2018):6(2): 44-51” at KAPICON 2019.
4. Best outgoing Resident for your 2018-19 from Department of Endocrinology. Ramaiah Medical College
5. Won 3 place at RSSDI 2019 for oral presentation on Serum CCL 18 Levels in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.