Dr. Asha Ben
CONSULTANT ENT SURGEON
Morning: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Evening: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
2017- MS ENT (AJ Institute of Medical Sciences Rajiv Gandhi University, Karnataka)
2014- MBBS (Pushpagiri Medical College Hospital, Mahatma Gandhi University Kerala)
April 2014 – March 2017: AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
· Managed outpatient department, Emergencies, Ward patient management, Post op patient management.
· Conducted all minor outpatient procedures like Diagnostic nasal endoscopy, Indirect laryngoscopy, Video Laryngoscopy, Foreign body removal, Syringing, Suture removal, Biopsies etc.
· Conducted minor OT procedures like Keloid excision, Mucus retention cyst removal, Epidermoid cyst removal, Suturing lacerated wounds, Ear lobe repair, Anterior nasal packing, Posterior nasal packing ,Foreign body removal, Pseudocyst excision, Incision and drainage etc.
· Conducted surgical procedures like Septoplasty, Sub mucous resection, Polypectomy, Uncinectomy, Myringotomy and Grommet insertion, Tympanoplasty, Keloid excision,Tonsillectomy, Tracheostomy, Adenoidectomy, Biopsies, Direct laryngoscopy, Vallecular cyst excision, Pre-auricular cyst and fistula excision, Branchial fistula and cyst excision, Nasal bone fracture repair, Tracheostomy closure etc.
· Assisted major surgical procedures like Thyroidectomy, Superficial Parotidectomy, Sub mandibular gland excision, Thyroglossal duct cyst excision, Neck dissection, Hemi glossectomy, Medial Maxillectomy, Rhinoplasty, Caldwell luc Procedure, Zygomatic fracture repair, Cortical mastoidectomy, Modified Radical
Mastoidectomy, Micro laryngeal surgery, Lymph node biopsy etc.
Presented in 33rd AOIKCON 2015 held from 18th –20th September 2015 on “Extranasopharyngealangiofibroma of the
Presented in 34th AOIKCON 2016 held from 8th – 11th September 2016 on “A case series on Capsular dissection-A preferred
technique in total thyroidectomy.”
Submitted a paper entitled “Extranasopharyngealangiofibroma-Report of three cases and review of literature” and is under review.
Ø 34th AOIKCON 2016 held from 8-11 Sept 2016 at SIMS, Shivamogga.
Ø 33rd AOIKCON 2015 held from 18-20 Sept 2015 at NIMHANS, Bangalore.
Ø Association of Otolaryngologists of India 11th South Zone and 14th Kerala State Annual Conference held at Lulu InternationalConvention Center, Thrissur from 9th to 11th October 2015.