Dr. Anisha Mathew
MBBS, M.D.(Respiratory Medicine)
OP DAYS & TIMING :- MON – SAT – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Junior Resident Dept. of Pulmonary Medicine, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
April 2016 to March 2020
Trained in EBUS, Bronchoscopy, Thoracoscopy, Thoracic Ultrasound and Critical care at the prestigious Christian Medical College-Vellore.
Worked as Junior Resident in Department of Pulmonary Medicine in Christian Medical College, Vellore known for its academic excellence, with exposure to all the different clinical cases in the speciality and level three critical care ICUs. Even challenging and rare cases demanding distinguished skill and knowledge are dealt with ease and clinical expertise.
• Experienced in treatment of various respiratory ailments like asthma, COPD, tuberculosis and interstitial lung disease.
• Experienced in management of patients with acute respiratory failure using both non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilators.
• Have extensive knowledge of treating pulmonary involvement in various systemic diseases like sarcoidosis, SLE, systemic sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis, pulmonary hypertension and drug induced lung diseases.
• Experienced in the management of graft versus host disease (GVHD) following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
• EBUS:Trained in EBUS at CMC, Vellore. Have done around 30 under supervision. Will be able to perform EBUS. Have the necessary skills and expertise in EBUS.
• Flexible bronchoscopy:
1. Bronchial wash/Bronchoalveolar lavage.
2. Bronchial biopsy & transbronchial lung biopsy.
3. Transbronchial needle aspiration.
4. Foreign body removal
• Bronchoscopy in ICU on intubated patients for removal of mucous plug, for BAL and for assessment of airways.
• Bronchoscopic intubation for difficult airways.
• Assisted in procedures like rigid bronchoscopy, debulking, stenting, cryo biopsy and whole lung lavage done at CMC Vellore.
• Medical Thoracoscopy:
2. Talc poudrage.
• Bedside 2D Echocardiography : To assess for pulmonary embolism, left ventricular status and pericardial effusion.
• Thoracic Ultrasound
1. USG guided lung/pleural mass biopsy
2. USG guided closed Pleural biopsy
3. USG guided aspiration for loculated pleural effusion.
4. USG to evaluate for pneumothorax, pulmonary edema, pleural effusion, consolidation and to assess the volume status of the patient.
• Pleural fluid drainage
1. Seldinger chest drain placement /Rocket placement.
2. Intercostal chest tube insertion.
• Talc slurry pleurodesis.
• ICU Procedures:
2. Trained in mechanical ventilation and weaning.
3. Central venous line placement.
4. Arterial line placement.
5. ICU Bronchoscopy.
• Polysomnography, Limited channel sleep study and Auto CPAP trial – Perform and report.
• Spirometry, Lung Volumes, DLCO, Respiratory drive, Bronchial provocation testing, Impulse oscillometry, CPET and FENO – Perform & report.
• Actively conducting and participation in Interstitial Lung Disease multidisciplinary team (MDT) meeting, Radiology MDT and Thoracic Oncology MDT meeting
1. Won the prestigious NCCP ( National College of Chest Physicians) S.N Gaur Young Scientist award at NAPCON 2019, held at Kochi, Kerala.
2. Won the third prize for oral presentation at the National Congress on Asthma, Allergy and Immunology, Allergocon 2018 held at CMC Vellore.
3. Oral presentation was selected among the top 6 studies for ICS J.C Kothari Young scientist award at NAPCON 2018, Ahmedabad
4. Won the first prize for radiology case discussion at the ICS Talent search 2017, held in Mangalore.
5. Won the fourth prize at the Drupad Memorial quiz at the ICS talent search 2017.
6. Won the second prize for poster presentation in Annual Research day,2019 held at CMC,Vellore.
7. Won the third prize for the poster presentation at the Tamil Nadu and Puducherry State Conference on Pulmonary Medicine (TAPPCON 2018).
8. Won the fourth prize in the Tamil Nadu state level quiz competition at the Tamil Nadu and Puducherry State Conference on Pulmonary Medicine (TAPPCON 2018),Coimbatore.